Aspose is pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.ZIP for .NET 19.1. This release introduces support for working with TAR and GZIP. Aspose.ZIP for .NET now supports USTAR archives as most modern TAR programs read and write archives in the UStar (Unix Standard TAR) format, introduced by the POSIX IEEE P1003.1 standard from 1988. It has introduced additional header fields and older TAR programs ignore the extra information (possibly extracting partially named files), while newer programs will test for the presence of the “ustar” string to determine if the new format is in use. The UStar format allows for longer file names and stores additional information about each file. The maximum filename size is 256, but it is split among a preceding path “filename prefix” and the filename itself, so can be much less. GZIP is a popular file format used by software application for file compression and decompression which is now fully supported by Aspose.ZIP for .NET with this latest release. The list of new and improved features in this release are listed below
• Implement Unix Standard TAR archive
• Implement GZIP archive
• Path Traversal Vulnerability
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.ZIP for .NET documentation that may guide users briefly how to use Aspose.ZIP for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Encrypt Files with AES Encryption: https://docs.aspose.com/display/zipnet/Password+Protecting+Archives#PasswordProtectingArchives-EncryptFileswithAESEncryption
- Compressing Multiple Files: https://docs.aspose.com/display/zipnet/Compressing+and+Decompressing+Files#CompressingandDecompressingFiles-CompressingMultipleFiles
Overview: Aspose.ZIP for .NET
Aspose.ZIP for .NET is a flexible documents compression and archive manipulation API for standard zip format. API enables .NET applications to achieve files compression/decompression, archiving files as well as folders and encryption of archives. It provides protection via user-defined passwords and traditional encryption using ZipCrypto or AES encryption such as AES128, 192 and AES256. Aspose.ZIP for .NET is implemented using Managed C# and can be used with any .NET language like C#, VB.NET, J# and so on. It can be integrated with any kind of application, from ASP.NET web applications to Windows applications.
More about Aspose.ZIP for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.ZIP for .NET: https://products.aspose.com/zip/net
- Download Aspose.ZIP for .NET: https://downloads.aspose.com/zip/net
- Online documentation Aspose.ZIP for .NET: https://docs.aspose.com/display/zipnet/Home