Mold -- itís great for your cheese, but not so great for your home. The biggest risks of having mold in your house are health-related ones. These effects can range from minor to severe, so youíll want to combat the source before it becomes a real problem.
You should regularly perform self-inspections of your home. If you believe youíve found evidence of mold in your home, calling a professional to remove mold like the mold remediation from AllDry
is going to be your best bet.
Why should you act so quickly and seriously when it comes to spotting signs of mold in your home?
These are the biggest dangers of mold in homes:
● Respiratory symptoms (including sneezing, coughing, runny nose, and sinus problems)
● Asthma attacks
● Sore throat
● Trouble breathing
● Skin rashes (itching, hives)
The less common, but still possible health effects of close contact include:
● Pneumonia or other respiratory infections
● Bleeding in the lungs
● Digestive issues
● Joint inflammation
Beyond the major health concerns, which by far are the most serious, there are other damaging effects mold can have on your home itself.
Home-Related Dangers of Mold
Another reason to act quickly upon observation of mold -- not properly dealing with it quickly can cost you a lot of money in house restoration. Mold in the home is known to:
● Break down materials, causing possible collapse
● Cause ceiling cave-ins
● Ruin drywall, requiring complete removal
● Infest carpets from the bottom, taking over quickly
Think If Thereís Some in Your Home?
If you have any reason to believe your home has a problem, thereís only one way to check: by testing it.
Of course, inspect your home in places where it is likely to grow. This includes dark, damp places like the attic, bathroom, and plumbing areas just to name a few.
If youíve noticed it in one spot, itís also a good idea to check the rest of the space to ensure it hasnít spread elsewhere.
Other reasons you should check for mold include:
● Musty smell in the home
● Recent water damage
● Anyone in the home showing symptoms similar to that of a mold-related illness
You can test it on your own with a test kit, but the best recommendation is to call a professional. This will give you the most accuracy in your results and that a professional can also recommend remediation services to fix the problem.
Cleaning Up Your Mold Problem
As much as weíd all like it to be, cleaning up mold from your home is not an easy task. This is because of several reasons, the main three being:
1. Mold spreads extremely rapidly.
If you notice mold in one spot of the home, the chances are high that thereís mold in other areas of the home where the mold might not be visible. It is known to grow in hard-to-access areas like heating ducts. When you have it in a spot like this, itís hard to get to it to remove it. Itís also hard to work quicker than the rate at which it is growing.
2. Cleaning it up disturbs the spores and can cause them to spread and re-grow
somewhere else. The cleaning process must be extremely careful not to redistribute spores to new spots in the house.
3. A cleaning job must be done totally and completely, or else thereís a very high chance it will return
and cause an even bigger problem. For it to really be removed, it needs to be gone after the first time.
If youíve identified a mold problem in your home, donít hesitate. Call your local remediation specialist and set up an appointment to get rid of the problem before it gets worse.