The Spring Issue of the innovative, multimedia, digital lifestyle magazine, A Distinctive Style, arrives on the Internet this week with 91 pages full of music interludes, interviews (audio and text), features, live links, photographs, movie clips and more to celebrate, inspire, entertain and dazzle readers.
This issue has it all…and they're giving it away as well. The pages are loaded with free downloads and product giveaways for our readers.
"This may be our most inspirational issue yet," says Publisher/Editor Denise Marie. "We examine the challenges famous and not-so-famous people face and overcome…from stuttering to autism and blindness. These are no match for the human drive and willpower."
The pages of A Distinctive Style are filled with the organic, eco-friendly, sustainable products our readers want. But don’t confuse green with utilitarian. This issue is all about beauty, fashion and health that are good for us. "And that too is inspiring," adds Marie."
Celebrating Human Achievement :-
With Academy Award winner Colin Firth, "The King's Speech," as the cover story, A Distinctive Style brings the issue of stuttering front and center. Discover what Mr. Firth learned in preparing for his role as Britain's King George VI, who overcame his stuttering to lead the country through World War II. See the crippling fear children face-teasing and worse-and the courage they need to prevail. Plus, Stuttering Foundation President Jane Fraser talks about what "The King's Speech" has done for awareness.
Over Disability. :- April is National Autism Awareness month. And A Distinctive Style honors the achievements of men and women who find their voice. Composer, songwriter, producer J. Ralph "draws upon an astounding collection of voices, united in harmony" to create the unique soundtrack for the motion picture WRETCHERS & JABBERERS. This is the story of two men with autism who set out on a global journey to change public attitudes about disability. Readers will actually watch a clip from the movie.
Over Climate Change. :- Journey to our polar frontiers (north and south) with documentary filmmakers…in "The Polar Explorer."
Over Energy-Independence. :- What do empty beer cans, old tires and discarded plastic water bottles have in common with eco-living? Ask the Garbage Warrior and renegade architect Michael Reynolds. He is using unconventional materials-yes, garbage-to build self-sufficient, off-the-grid communities.
Over Blindness and Learning Difficulties. :- Blind from birth and later diagnosed with autism, Derek Paravicini has a gift. Perfect pitch. Combine that with his love of piano and a drive to succeed, and you have a beautiful success story. Listen in.
Stories of Passionate People Sharing Their Gifts :-
A Distinctive Style really is about passion, in all its forms. In this issue we treat readers to a wide range of art, innovation, creativity and generosity. The common theme is people's eagerness to share :-
• Nell Newman keeps the Newman's Own brand vibrant and growing with the increasing number of organic foods. Plus A Distinctive Style sponsors a big giveaway of Newman's Own Organic.
• Harper's Bazaar looks back at 145 years of fashion, covers, photography and illustration with publication of a special collector’s edition "bookazine" that combines the best features of book and magazine.
• True Blood's Carrie Preston talks about career, humanitarian work and equal rights for everyone.
• Anyone who says Shamanic Art is strictly functional hasn't seen the beautiful work of Taos, NM-based artist-healer Danielle Kennedy.
• Twilight's Tinsel Korey shares her love of art and tells how drawing helped her through childhood's challenges.
• And did you know that the O.C.'s Mischa Barton is giving back? Her tireless charity work with Save the Children, Planet Call and others is her most important role.
Pleasures, Without the Guilty Conscience :-
We often wonder how many of our readers "fast flip" through our digital, flip-style format looking for the goodies. Our guess is…a lot. This the Spring Issue won't disappoint :-
• Join E!'s self-proclaimed fashion police-style expert George Kotsiopoulos-as he talks about the fashion on the red carpets of Hollywood…and how the rest of us can apply his advice to our personal style.
• See the hot new fashion trend…eco-fashion, where style finds harmony with the environment.
• Look at the whimsy Hetty Rose brings shoes made with fabulous vintage fabrics. This love at first sight for shoe hounds. Hetty reuses and reworks material into flats and heels our readers will want to wear this season.
• Hear wedding bells? What would a Spring Issue be without a wedding? A Distinctive Style proudly showcases the wedding dresses of Rosa Clará Bridal. Pretty in white. Simple beauty modeled for our readers.
• No one wants to miss the Editor Picks…filled with eco-friendly new products to pamper and rejuvenate readers. Plus, more giveaways.
• Health and Beauty secrets go hand-in-hand with A Distinctive Style fashion reports. Jane Waide talks with the Green Beauty Team's Kristen Arnett. While our own Beauty Editor Shelly Ballestero helps us get our skin in shape for spring…naturally.
• Want flatter abs after the baby? Of course. Mommy Fitness has the moves to get our readers ready for summer.
• And get ready for summer reading too…stock up on new titles: Plastic by Susan Freinkel, Becoming a Life Change Artist by co-author Kathy Jordan, Dancing with Water by MJ Pangman and Melanie Evans, and Izzy and the Candy Palace by 11-year-old Isabel Janavs.
Advertising Becomes a Tool for Direct Response :-
The Spring Issue of A Distinctive Style is our most interactive issue yet. Our pages are filled with links to websites for more information, to product giveaways, and to a myriad of special offers and freebies our readers are invited to download :-
• The Amazon Herb Company wants to give readers a selection of botanical beauty products.
• Bartlett Maine Estate Winery invites readers to sign up for Wines and Spirits From the Heart…a newsletter of dry fruit wines, recipes, off-road wanderings and Downeast Maine charm.
• 11 Practical Home Remedies for Your Dog is a free ebook by Gilroy, California, veterinarian Dr. Greg Martinez
• Believe. Eight-year-old singing sensation Rhema Marvanne is a popular favorite with A Distinctive Style readers. In the Spring Issue, fans won't want to miss the announcement of her new album…Believe. And Rhema's giving away 50 autographed CDs to her fans.
• Grace and Gratitude Renewed. Olivia Newton-John's new CD is filled with music to lift our spirits and relax by. The healing power of music is something Olivia knows firsthand. She will share this with 5 lucky readers who enter the magazine giveaway for autographed copies of the Olivia's new CD.
• And Women's Memoirs asks the question :- Why just read a story when you can share your legacy and tell your children a Family Tale? Women's Memoirs has a set of free storytelling prompts to help start a storytelling tradition.
For more information :-
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Distinctive-Style-Magazine/212068224296
Or phone: 214-717-5375